This is a collaborative post with photographer Love Les
There is little I love more than fresh guacamole with chips. It's the perfect afternoon snack and addition dozens of foods. I love my guac with lots of lime and lots of cilantro, but that's not everyone's favorite, so feel free to adjust proportions. This is more of a list of suggestions than a true recipe, so feel free to add more heat or take out ingredients you don't like. The one thing I believe is a must is Tajin seasoning. It's a Mexican seasoning that can be used in tons of recipes, particularly as a perfect seasoning on fresh fruit. This is the game changer for the best guac you've ever made. The flavors, particularly the lime, get better after sitting awhile, so it's best to make the guac at least an hour before you want it. I can never wait that long, but the flavors get better when they have time to mix thoroughly.
1/2 small onion
1 jalapeño pepper
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 garlic cloves
2 tsp Tajin seasoning
1 tsp each Salt and Pepper
Optional: garlic powder, chili powder
1. Cut, pit, and scoop avocados into bowl. The best way to get the pit out is to hit it with a knife and twist it out.
2. Dice onion, tomato, jalapeño and garlic into small pieces and put in bowl.
3. Finely chop cilantro, adding as much or as little as you prefer
4. Squeeze limes into bowl
5. Mash ingredients with two forks until avocados have been throughly mashed and ingredients mixed. Don't over-mix.
6. Season liberally with tajin, salt, pepper, and garlic/chili powder if you prefer. Mix into guac and taste until seasoned as you enjoy.
7. Enjoy with chips, on tacos, on burgers and more!
No guacamole is complete without a good margarita and this is currently favorite cocktail to make and to drink. It's delicious and ruins you for all fake margarita mixes. My favorite thing about this margarita is the sweet, salty, and sour combination. It hits the spot just right and tastes refreshing and delightful. If you're making multiple, ingredients for 2 cocktails can usually fit in a shaker. To make a pitcher, adjust recipe to the amount of drinks preferred and stir instead of shake.
Grapefruit Lime Margaritas
Ingredients: (per drink)
1 small/medium grapefruit
1 spoonful sugar
1 shot Tequila
1/2 shot Triple Sec or Cointreau
Salt for rim (I prefer pink Himalayan)
1. Juice grapefruit and lime into the shaker. Add sugar, liquors, and ice. Shake vigorously.
2. Wet the rim of a glass with lime and press into a small dish of salt.
3. Add fresh ice to glass and strain cocktail into the glass. Enjoy!